Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Thanks to everyone who came out last night. Good readings (excellent readings, including one of Susan Kernohan's first, which was incredible, and an especially good one by Derek McCormack even by his standards), good intros, good music, and good conversation. I think it lived up to its billing (see below).

Adventure of the day: three orphaned baby squirrels delivered to the Humane Society, where they will be cared for until they're big enough to fend for themselves. They were very cute but covered in mites.

Later: Yes, courting "is kind to small animals" designation. I promise to watch some violent sports soon.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nadia said...

BABY SQUIRRELS! Did you get a photo?

10:50 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

No, no pictures I'm afraid. They were like small adult squirrels with slightly weird proportions (big heads, short tails). One was extremely sociable and in fact crawled up my leg. They did curl up in a ball in the cardboard box, but, yeah, bugs all over them.

11:50 AM  
Anonymous patricia said...

Yes, big congrats to Lisa. Was indeed a great night, and Susan did a fab reading. Had to leave early but did manage to listen to some of the music of that young girl with the guitar (she did a great job dealing with that drunk shirtless heckler). What was her name?

11:29 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Thanks, Patricia, from Lisa and me. I caught sight of you and Guy at a distance, but I didn't get a chance to say hi. Hi!

The muscian's (stage)name is Carmen Elle, and you can listen to more of her music here or check out her blog here. Yeah, I was totally blown away by her music (and her ability to handle that guy). And she's only 17.

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drunken shirtless guy was actually trying to be supportive, though I know it didn't seem that way. For some reason he decided I was his buddy, as drunken shirtless men often seem to do for some reason, and confided in me that they were an excellent band because "every song had a meaning."

-- maggie

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home