Sunday, April 30, 2006

The literary event of the century

"How can you even know that?" you ask.

I just do, okay. Check it out:

The launch of Lisa Heggum's anthology of stories for teens, All Sleek and Skimming, featuring readings by Gil Adamson, Diana Aspin, Gary Barwin, Susan Kernohan, Derek McCormack, Stuart Ross, and Ania Szado and music by Carmen Elle and the Whoremoans.

Monday, May 1, 8:00 p.m.
Gladstone Hotel Ballroom
1214 Queen Street West
Toronto

I'm making a playlist. I think I'll include some Sly and the Family Stone. Definitely some P-funk. Some Bikini Kill too.

Be there. We'd love to see you.

4 Comments:

Blogger ryan said...

Yeah, because the greatest literary event is always the one just around the corner!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Anita Daher said...

Congratulations on the launch, Lisa! I am so looking forward to reading this :-)

8:18 AM  
Blogger Nadia said...

Argh, I'm sorry I'm missing the launch. Congratulations Lisa! Hope it goes swimmingly (and skimmingly).

7:40 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Ryan: Yes, but I was a little partial to this one.

Anita: Lisa says thanks.

Nadia: Thanks from Lisa. No problemo. You can't catch everything.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home