Thursday, February 09, 2006

So I think I'm finally hitting on something again with my writing. My new focus, a series of ten-word poems or parts (five two-word lines), seems to have caught on something. I'm dropping the "Arts Week" newspaper project for now. I mean, I like the poems that are coming out of it well enough. I'm just not learning a lot from them. They're not carrying me anywhere I haven't already been, and I don't find them especially bewildering (or maybe astonishing). The title I'm using for the new series is "Infinite Formalism," though I'm not sure I like all of the implications of it. Yeah, it's supposed to be a bit ironic and provocative.

2 Comments:

Blogger asthma_boy said...

Go Mark Go!

11:13 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Thanks, Jon. Hey, I was just thinking this morning how good the spring CHB launch will be. Looking forward to it.

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home