Monday, August 29, 2005

Big idea

Okay, a name for my reading series has come to me.

The Test Reading Series. That way it will always be fresh and provisional no matter how stale the programming gets. Also, since the readings will be sort of long.... Well, you get it. (I think I've just disqualified myself from a career in advertising, but that's okay.)

I like the word "test." It's plain and boring, yet it has a slightly threatening edge. At the same time, it's non-committal. What do you think? Perfect, say I.

In other news, I still haven't found a space for said series, but that may change on Thursday. Stay tuned.

Also, the countdown to Maria's reading has begun. Diana Fitzgerald Bryden is good too. I don't know who Dayle Furlong is. See you there.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those of us with sibilant s issues find the word "test" somewhat difficult to say, but I'm sure you can find some way to frame that as an advantage ... perhaps because we will be driven to call it "mark's reading series" and thus increase your visibility?

-- maggie

5:03 PM  
Blogger Daniel Sendecki said...

Hi Mark,

How about the "Toronto Free Gallery"? Albeit it is at 660 Queen St. East.

Pretty cool space though. Pics here.

It's pretty new-ish. Just a suggestion.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Nadia said...

Testing 1-2-3!

Test kitchens

This is a test

Taste test

...There are a lot of places you could go with that. Seems like a fine name to me.

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hows about test test testicle?
-kemeny

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home