Monday, June 06, 2005

Went to Daniel f. Bradley's launch yesterday. It was fun, even with the abuse. Do check out his book. His stuff is dense, grainy and jagged with embodied emotion and on-the-ground local and literary politics. His signature move seems to be a kind of a disjunctive association. (Yeah, I think that involves a contradiction.)

Also got the latest issue of John Barlow's Psychic Rotunda, which is the most personable lit mag you can imagine. The guy publishes his dad. The highlights for me so far are Spencer Selby's and Frances Kruk's visual pieces on facing pages and the vibrations between them (actually, I'm won over by all of Kruk's work in the issue). Behold as well Lynn McClory's publishing debut, which I think she's pretty excited about.

Also went to Kathryn Kuitenbrouwer's and Dawne McFarlane's Speakeasy talk. I'm ashamed to admit I was so preoccupied with thoughts about my subway reading that I wasn't their most attentive audience member. Interesting, what I heard. And they sure can pronounce their t's.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi mark - bin meaning to say thank you all week for showing up on Sunday - and thanks for the plug - sorry about the abuse but it was advertised

see ya

dfb

9:03 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Hey, it was fun. And I always trust advertising.

Mark

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home