Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Wanted: a progressive American candidate with actual vision

Don't get me wrong, I got to like John Kerry, inasmuch as he was the slightly hapless fellow who was clearly trying as hard as he could for our side. And I think he'd be a good guy to watch a hockey game with.

Imagine, though, a leader who could make a sizable portion of straight middle America see that legalizing queer marriage would actually strengthen the institution. Imagine one who could make people enthusiastic about renewable energy sources. Imagine one who could apologize first and foremost to the people of Iraq, then to the families of soldiers killed there, to the maimed soldiers rotting in broken down military hospitals, and to the rest of the world, and then, having won the election, cede control of Iraq to the U.N. I don't think this would be that hard.

Or maybe I just don't understand the U.S.

Hello to my good friend Bill in Jacksonville, Florida, who did his part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home