Monday, October 18, 2004

Congrats to Lisa and Thomas

Another hightlight of our recent trip to New York was our brunch at Oznot's Dish with Lisa J., where we met Thomas Evans, Laynie Browne, Deirdre Kovac, Lee Ann Brown, Tony Torn, and little Miranda.

When asked about Toronto's poetry scene, I didn't feel like a particularly qualified ambassador but said that I thought it much like New York's, except on a smaller scale.

Since then a difference has struck me. We have fewer supporting institutions. While the work people do is similar (I'm thinking of Bill Kennedy and Angela Rawlings, Jay Millar, and Katherine Parrish), we have no Poetry Project, no Teachers and Writers.

I'm thinking of Jay's idea of a space for innovative poetry. Is this an idea whose time has come?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home